My New Blog

My New Blog
Visit me here to keep up to date with my life!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Sunshiney-Sunday:)

If you read my personal blog (let me know if you'd like in invitation:), you know that I do something called "Thankful Thursday"
or.. when I don't make it to doing it on Thursday.. this excerpt from my blog explains:

"Seeing as today is Friday, I had to mix it up a little bit. "Full of Thanks Friday".. good? And next Thursday, if I don't make it, I can do ...
Makes me Smile Monday
Gratuitous Tuesday
Warm Wednesday
Thankful Thursday
Full of Thanks Friday
Shout-out Saturday
&
Today is going to be.... Sunshiney-Sunday.


This week I am thankful for:

My Faith (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)
My ward, missionaries, seminary, prayers and scriptures-They have provided me with a great deal of strength, power and comfort as well as guidance and love. As I am physically preparing for Jordan, it is really important for me to prepare spiritually as well. I thank all the amazing missionaries who are going out soon or have already left that serve as a great example to me.

Clean Water, Salads, a Toothbrush
Water- something that I'll only be able to get out of a bottle in Jordan. Salad- something I'll do without for 2 weeks. A TB- something that some people don't even have. I love to brush my teeth. I could do it for 10 minutes straight. I'm thankful that I have one.

OsCentral (=Operation Smile Central- for elem->college kids.)
SUCH an incredible resource. It truly has prepared me for my mission in SO many ways- before AND after my assignment. Those on there who offer me advice and counsel- thank you so much. Thank you to everyone and anyone who sits and manages that beast of a site. It's incredible and USED. So please keep it up! Thank YOU!

Amazing family, friends, and Mitch
They have provided me with so much love, support, and care- I could not be more thankful. I couldn't possibly list every single person who has been there for me, but I am so thankful for them and for you. It has been a tough few weeks mentally and physically- so thank you for making me laugh and smile:)
My mom and my favorite boy (with my favorite dress- it has pockets!)

My sisters and I. They both have been SO great in helping me with my mission

Alexander- my best friend (we met at islc almost 2 years ago!!). He has undergone some major trials just in this last week alone- I hope you recover well and fast. He has been a constant reminder to me of what and who I want to be in life in general, as well as on this mission. He is my inspiration. He recently returned home from his mission in Guhawati, India. Even though we live on separate sides of the country, we are amazing friends. This post is to you;) Nikkou=... :)


My btown best friends (Check out that facepaint! All me;) They, as well as countless others, have been there for me from the very start- being as excited as they could be for me in my club activities, islc, mission training application/video etc.. Thank you. 

My Op Smile Family
They are in a category all on it's own. 

No one else just really understands... Reeses Pieces.. sigh:(


If only we could all be together again..


My beautiful Claire Bear is holding a letter sent to me by the very only Claire Crawford- I will be reading it on the way to Amman, in tears I'm sure. Thank you Claire. Apparently I'm getting another airplane letter from my very best islc roommate Brooke to read on my way to Amman as well-- Thank you Brooke. I wish I could post the video on here from your fb when I found out you were coming to MTW with me:) And apparently Sam and Deanna are sending me a poster or something that I can take with me for the hospital. Thank you Pequannock Girls:) Taylor and I also talked on the phone today for a while just cuz. I love that girl already so much.
No one really understands what it feels like to be part of an op smile family.. until you're in one. It's just a huge family of love and a common passion. It's incredible. I've gotten hits on this blog from almost every single state represented at mtw- I know it's you;)

Team Jordan
I am so thankful for the mission team. I love them already. Just the way I feel about my op smile family- you will become my family for two weeks. Like the patients and people we will see in Amman, I am so thankful for you- I know that you will change my life as we are also changing lives, one smile at a time together. I respect you and hold so much love for you already- I thank you for being on this mission.

I am thankful for so many things- so many people, and so much. I am thankful for each and every opportunity that I get presented to me and the ones that I have been able to to take. Life is amazing- I hope you can realize that yours is too, and you have every means to make your life one to be so excited about. 


I can't wait to go to Jordan in 9 days. I am so thankful.
Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment