SENIOR SUMMER! Wow, can't even believe I made it this far! This is what I've been up to the last 3 months...
My Summer 2010 Bucket List... :)
Drive-in in Casey's monster truck
- Movie Under the Stars counts
Bonfire with friends up Mueller Park Canyon.. complete with s'mores, corn, hotdogs, stars and great memories
- Due to scheduling the bonfire was not held in MPC, but we still had it!
- IKEA. Seriously- been on the life bucket list for like 2 years. It's happening!
- Ahhh!!! :( Due to stupid wisdom teeth removal and super disorganized little brother, failed to visit Ikea!! :(
Midnight Happy Hour sushi at Shogun Hang out with or call every person who said "c all me, cute gurrrl! " in my yearbook. Not to be bitter, but I was slightly disappointed in the comment quality in my yearbook this year... Get a haircut ***Tasty Tuesday has been edited. Instead of EVERY Tuesday, I will alternate or do what best fits the schedule so Tuesdays will either be TEMPLE TUESDAY or TASTY TUESDAY. Anyone invited to join:) A goal of mine for 2010 was to go to the Temple at least once a month and I've gone 7 times so far woo love that place.
- People that are DEFINITELY in my plans this summer no exceptions:
Kim Casey McCall Melissa Alexander Sami and Connor Camren
- I'll see you soon, Les! :)
Dan Katie Aticus my Harvard boy Op Smile Fam.. too many to list! Claire, Jenn, Jenna, Logan, Jessica, and the MTW fam!
Wow!!! I can't believe that summer has gone by so quickly!! It has been a hard one, but definitely wonderful. June and August were super busy, and July was a very chill month at home doing fun things! I only didn't do ONE thing on my Summer '10 Bucket List!! woo wooo! Looking back, it doesn't seem like a lot, but I did so much this summer! Let's see..
The rest of my summer...
- Saw off the graduating class of 2010
- Went to Vegas
- Became the YW Laurel President
- Went to a Court of Honor, several farewells, and a homecoming
- Went on many long walks and had lots of meaningful conversations
- Donated 12 inches of hair
- Went on a 20~ mile Pioneer Trek
- Went to 3 Leadership Camps
- Governor's Honors Academy (GHA)
- International Student Leadership Conference (ISLC)
- UT OpSmile Retreat
- Drove all the way to Cedar City
- Was honored to be chosen to give a speech at GHA
- Went to 2 National Parks
- Gave 3 Operation Smile Presentations
- Got the TOP SCORE (6/7) out of my entire class in the IB Psychology Exam:)
- Went on a Facebook Fast for an entire month!
- Sent my boy off to play college football and school
- Scored my first Soccer goal!
- Updated the number of missionaries I write to 9
- Read several books (The Memory Keeper's Daughter, The Lost Symbol, Mercy)
- Saw a crazyy movie- Inception
- Made lots and lots and LOTS of new friends!
- Went to 2 firework shows
- Went to a GHA reunion
- Got ridiculously dizzy on a teacup ride:)
- Went on a few fun dates
- Went to Disneyland with the whole fam!
- Took my mom on Tower of Terror;)
- Saw some Jazz players at the Fan Fest with their new jerseys!
- Went Boating with the ward
- Manyyy a sunset:)
- Helped my Dan Man shop for college
- Hung out with my family a LOT
- Got several packages from lovely places:)
- Took my lil bro driving
- Gave a talk
- Pulled all nighters
- Went to LJ's Graduation
- Got Senior Pic taken:(
- Was honored with the David Schick Award at ISLC.. wowww
- Got an Honorable Mention in the Jiffy Lube Scholarship
- Got my wisdom teeth out:(
- Had my 3000th visitor to my OpSmile Blog:)
- Currently in 24 Countries and 22 states:)
- MADE EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP COUNCIL 2011!!! :D :D :D
- Skyped with Alexander
- Chatted with the Magees:)
- Got my first college acceptance letter and full scholarship to SUU
- Saw 5 shooting stars
- Went to a World Cup Party!
- Almost got killed by a hobo
- Listened to Jessica Simpson speak about confidence, Doritos, Boy/girl, and give a BIG hug
- Was incredibly inspired beyond belief by Maggie Doyne at ISLC
- Went to the my last first Bountiful Football game
My last summer before I start the rest of my life as a real (responsible?? ;) adult. It just blows my mind that this time next year I will know what school I will be attending, where I will be living, and a more specific course of plan of what I will be doing. I had such an incredible time these last 3 months. Growing, reading, learning, writing, basking in the intense summer sun, smiling, sharing memories and creating moments to remember for a lifetime. It hasn't always been easy. In fact it was a very difficult summer for me, but I find the knowledge that everything is going to work out to be a very comforting thing.
Starting my Senior Year this Monday! Wow! I can't believe it has gone by so quickly! I look forward to a year of having a lot of fun, cheering at a lot of games, taking rigorous courses, serving on the ELC, fulfilling my church callings, and of course, having the time of my life! :)
Good luck to all who are starting school soon or whatever comes with the end of your summer. Thank you for sharing your summer months with me and letting me be a part of your lives. I still have to share with you my experience at ISLC and the Utah Op Smile retreat! I also have some great news to share with you about ELC 2011!