My New Blog

My New Blog
Visit me here to keep up to date with my life!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FugeesFamily


My good friend Lauren (the most inspirational, genuine and accomplished young woman in Utah) told me about this organization called FugeesFamily today. They are a group who are devoted to helping children of war. They are a nonprofit organization who works to help children heal and meet others like themselves. They "cater to the victims of the worst disasters who decide to be survivors" - Lauren Biada




I don't know a lot about this organization yest, but I do know that it is a worthy and good cause that is helping heal injustices in the world around us. Lauren told me about a book called "Outcasts United" by Warren St. John who is a reporter for the NY Times. His book is about these refugee projects and the first chapter begins with Amman, Jordan.



Obviously this cause tugged at my heartstrings. I had the opportunity to spend time in a refugee camp while in Jordan and I will tell you, it is a horrific and sad sight. These are just a few of the pictures I took while there. These refugees have been there for hundreds of years. Those who choose a way out and on to a better life deserve this. Please, join me in a plea to stop and heal those injustices in the world. Take a chance to Be the Change.




1) Click HERE to access the Kohls Campaign 
Then vote for the Fugee Academy to get half a million dollars to build the first school in America for refugees. 




2) Spread the word! 
I know you can, I've seen it done with Operation Smile when we won $250,000 earlier this summer in the Members Project. The beauty of this blog is that I know everyone who reads it is in some way helping create a better tomorrow because of their love, commitment and desire to be a part of something bigger than themselves. You are someone who wants to help the world in any way you can. Please, this is your chance again.




3) Smile! 
You helped take the first step to change those things in the world that need changing.


***Want to see more photos of the refugee camp I visited in Jordan? Visit this link***

No comments:

Post a Comment