My New Blog

My New Blog
Visit me here to keep up to date with my life!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm Alive: 18 days!


Today, I received my shots that I need to get before traveling internationally. I got a nice concoction of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, seasonal flu, TDAP, and Typhoid. Going in, I was terrified and I genuinely was more scared than the little kids that were outside the room waiting to get their H1N1 vaccine. It actually wasn't that bad. Now that the hardest part is over, I feel like I can do anything! :)

Getting my shots today and meeting with the travel nurse was a cool experience because it was just one step closer in my preparation to go to Jordan. She talked to me for an hour and a half about how I could and should protect myself while I'm there. She printed off all this stuff on Jordan and the Middle East for me to study, and she just told me about what I should and shouldn't do. It was very helpful!

Amanda (my mission sponsor-- kindof like a chaperone/mother while we're there) texted me today and told me that they have booked our flights! Yes! :D

I have gotten very little response as to my plea for donations- tomorrow after school I am going around to every business imaginable in person and asking for their support. So far, I have received... very little. I have 18 days, please let me know if there's anything you can do to help! :)

Thanks so much! 18 days till B-town makes her way to New York, then to A-town!

No comments:

Post a Comment