My New Blog

My New Blog
Visit me here to keep up to date with my life!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last minute thoughts and Mission Goals

I have a few last minute thoughts as I prepare to leave tomorrow morning:

1) The logistics of packing over 400 toothbrushes, 116 nail polishes, hundreds of necklaces, bracelets, bubbles, coloring books, toys, crayons, markers, pens, blankets, figurines, and misc. fun donations is a nightmare.

2) I have a new respect for the logistics people of anything

3) I suck at packing

4) Junior Research projects are no fun

5) I Love my friends

6) I love how my room is cleaner when I'm not home:)

7) I'm so glad that I'm a listmaker

8) I really am such a procrastinator:)

9) I am in love with Jordan already- the people, the culture, the friends that I'll meet there- I respect them so much and I am so thankful I get to go be a part of their lives for a little tiny bit. 

10) There are more.. so many thoughts.. so little time!


Ok- Logan, these are my mission goals for real

Mission Goals
  • No Negativity
    • "It's Ok, I'll deal with it" ;)
  • Give at LEAST 108 presentations
  • Be the best Student Team that Jordan's ever seen! :D
  • Create lifelong friendships
  • Be the someone who can be counted on to have a smile on their face
  • Try something new to eat every day
  • Learn as much Arabic as I can
  • Not think about school (This will be difficult, I'm sure.. haha. NOT)
  • Not get sick
  • Make a child smile
  • Do a video journal as many times as I can
  • Write in my journal every night/as much as I can
  • Eat lamb
  • Take pictures- I PROMISE I will:)

Ok so I wrote that before I left to see KJ's musical. Everything in my mind is going crazy with excitement and anxiousness. I am so excited and ahhh. It's so hard to explain. The thing I am looking forward to most is being tired. Not just like 'Oh, I'm so tired.. yawn*' type of tired. Like- exhausted. I can't wait to feel like I have nothing left to give, like I've been able to give myself all to someone else who needs it more than I do, and still gain more than I have ever been able to give. I can not wait to immerse myself in my mission- to let the petty things go- the day to day things that others might worry about. Looking good, homework, school- just everything, for the service of others. So many times I have thought about what this would be like, and I know I will never understand until I get there and something happens that makes me realize that I am in fact- in the Middle East, helping change lives. So many times I wish I could remind you that this mission is not about me. It's about all the kids and adults who will have their lives transformed- forever. I am merely a small part of such a huge miracle that Operation Smile is. I want to soak up each and every single moment that I get to be in Jordan. I can't believe this day has finally come after so much preparation, work, prayers, and blessings. It is so hard to describe the way I feel. Like I want to cry, but I have no reason to. I'm not sad, just.. in a state of disbelief I guess. 

I hope that while I'm gone, you have safety, health, peace and happiness. Thank you for the impact you have made in my life by being in it- no matter  how big or small. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, for sending me good luck letters, emails, texts, phone calls- I am so thankful for you. I could not have done it without you. I feel so blessed to be able to go to Jordan. I know that I will have such a lifechanging experience. I am already dreading the day that I have to come home. I miss you, I love you, Thank you.

I found out that there is internet in Jordan so I will try to update as much as time will allow!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My next post, will be from JORDAN!!!!!!

1 comment: