My New Blog

My New Blog
Visit me here to keep up to date with my life!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Supply list for Jordan

As you might be aware, I am leaving on my Medical Mission for Operation Smile next month to Amman, Jordan to be a Student Educator. My role on the mission will be to teach Burn care and Prevention, Oral Rehydration Therapy, Oral and Dental Hygiene, and Nutrition in local hospitals, schools, orphanages, refugee camps, and villages in Amman. I will also be responsible for spending time with patients before and after their surgeries.
 I will be leaving around the 24th of February and spending approximately 2 weeks there. Jordan is located in the Middle East near Egypt, Syria, and Iraq.  The unique thing about my mission site is that patients are flown in from Baghdad, Pakistan, and surrounding areas that are not safe for us to go to, to receive their surgeries. I am collecting items to take to the kids of Amman. Anything will help, but I’ve put together the following list of supplies that I need in particular.
Operation Smile changes lives in a matter  of 45 minutes and $240 dollars.  Through your donations to those who have so little, you too, can change a life. Your support in providing any of the listed or not listed items will be so priceless.  Thank you in advance for all your support!


Jordan Supply List

  • Toothbrushes (At least 2,000)
  • Stickers, Stickers, Stickers!*
  • YOYOS!*
  • Bouncy Balls*
  • Stamps
  • Sidewalk chalk
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Toy sunglasses
  • Crayons
  • Markers
  • Sharpies
  • Finger/hand puppets
  • Bubbles Bubbles Bubbles bubbles*
  • Pens, pencils
  • Small notepads/journals
  • Inflatable balls (Specifically globes are a hit)
  • Nail polish
  • Hair accessories (barrettes, headbands, etc)
  • Coloring books
  • Small stuffed animals
  • Latex gloves
  • Hot wheels type cars
  • Small play jewelry
  • Crowns
  • Hats
  • Little footballs, basketballs
  • ANYTHING that lights up
  • Piggy banks
  • Leis
  • Decorations for the hospital
  • Yarn to make friendship bracelets
  • Basically anything that can be found in the dollar store


You can also help by:

  • Donating (I can use the money to go buy the supplies I don’t get donated)
  • Spreading the word through Facebook, Blogs, Twitter, word of mouth..
  • Writing letters to companies explaining what I am doing
  • Referring me to anyone who knows Arabic
  • Making “Get well soon” cards for the children after they receive their surgery
  • Making a sign to hang up in the hospital for kids to draw on
  • If you have any other ideas, please let me know! I’ll be taking anything and everything that I can pack in my weight limits


Thank you SO much for all your support. I really appreciate all you have done for me to get me to this point. I can’t wait to go to Jordan and bring them all the donations that will be brought in. Of course I will be taking pictures so you can see who your things are going to Jordan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment