My New Blog

My New Blog
Visit me here to keep up to date with my life!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

December 25, 2009

Life has been hectic the last few weeks with school and just all the things that I'm doing, but at the same time, it has been so wonderful. I am definitely a blessed person!

First, I want to let you know that I got accepted to WMTW 2010!!!! wowwww. I could hardly contain my excitement when I found out! It was stressful because first, they sent us an email a week after we were supposed to find out saying we would find out by that Friday. Friday came and went.. no word. Finally, Monday night- people start saying they got in or didn't get in! All day Monday people were finding out.. and I had no word still. Tuesday morning. I get a text from one of my really good friends in New Mexico who applied. She hadn't heard anything either but one of the people from her school had found out that morning they had not been accepted. We texted all day and kept checking our emails. Then, after school- she told me that she did not get accepted. It was hard to hear, because I was so excited to go to the training with her. She was my roommate at ISLC in Virginia this summer, and we had so much fun getting to know each other those few days. It was 6pm, and I still hadn't heard anything. I went to the choir concert, and I kept getting texts from people all over the place who wanted to know if I had heard. FINALLY I get home from the concert at about 10, and open my email. It was there!!!!

Thank you so much for all your support and love through this process. It has been so rewarding and just amazing. I can't wait!!! In January, I'll be leaving to Portsmouth, Virginia from the 15-18 to attend the training. At the end of the training, I'll be told who my mission partner (companionnnn hehe:) is and where I will be going on my mission! The papers that I'm filling out have a "Mission Availability" form with them, and all the missions that we'll go on from this training are between February and August! Ah! I have been waiting for about 3 years for this opportunity! And now it's here! I feel like an LDS Missionary when I say that, though my mission will only be for about 2 weeks, these wonderful and inspiring boys leave for 2 years to do something so much more life-changing. I'm proud of them! Anyways, I can not even express how thankful I am that I have Operation Smile in my life. It is a life-changing organization not only for those who receive the surgeries, but for those who have the opportunity to help in any way.

Right now, I am asking for donations for things I can take on my mission. As a student volunteer, our main purpose on a mission is to educate. We also bring supplies and presentations for the kids in the orphanages, villages, schools, and hospitals that we visit. Here are some photos that I stole from some friends prepping for their missions.

This is my friend Rachel Leva from New Jersey. She just came back from her mission to Ninh Thuan, Vietnam. She was there as part of the 20th Anniversary mission there. They had 16 sites all over Vietnam that ran simultaneously. I believe they did over 3,100 surgeries! How amazing!


These toothbrushes also went to Vietnam. My friend Tenaya Drapkin from Malibu, California went on her mission to Vietnam as part of the 20th Ann. Celebration as well. This isn't even a portion of how many tb's they brought! Her and her Mission Partner Jenna Fredrickson (She is by far one of the most incredible people I have yet to meet in my life) took over 3,000 toothbrushes! Wow! :)


This photo (By Victoria Stabile) is of my friends Dalton Valerio (from NM) and Alexander Bischoff (from VA). They just barely came back from their mission in Guhwati,  India on Dec. 13. As you can see, they are pretty funny guys:) I love them both and they do great things for Operation Smile. I sent them to India with about 200 TB's!

The things that we really need/want to bring on our missions are toothbrushes, stuffed animals, little toys, crowns, STICKERS, BUBBLES, pipecleaners, coloring books, etc. I would really appreciate if you could help me out with any of these items to take on my mission.

Well, I guess this is turning into another Operation Smile post.. surprise surprise haha;)
 But, I'd like to just wish you and your family and friends a beautiful Christmas or holiday- whatever you celebrate this time of year! I am so very thankful to have you as part of my life, and I love you! Life has been so good to me lately, and I am so in debt to everyone who has made it as such. If I don't get blog before next  year, I wish you all an incredible 2010!


Love, Peace, Safety, Health and Happiness always!
Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment