My New Blog

My New Blog
Visit me here to keep up to date with my life!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Blogs of Happiness*

The other students I have met through Operation Smile have got to be the most influential, powerful and inspiring individuals I have ever met! Many of them have started blogs of their own and their stories and experiences in their respective missions and journeys are life-changing to me. I hope that you can spend some time today or anytime and look through some of these wonderful blogs that document the world being changed- one smile at a time.

Katie Osterloh (Utah)
Cebu, Philippines Mission
March 2010

Katie is an exceptional person. I am forever indebted to her for her great example to me. She is a student in Utah here with me! We met at ISLC '09 and have worked together and become great friends since! She told me in person the life-changing experience she had on her mission, I would highly recommend reading her blog!

Melanie Boyle (New Jersey)
Pampanga, Philippines Mission
May 2010

Melanie was my roommate in Portsmouth this January while we were at MTW. Her blog is pretty much just as cool as her:) She went on her mission this May with Mary Claire- whose blog I mentioned in an earlier post but can be found here. They had an amazing time together! They are both inspirational girls.

Frannie Coxe (California)
Fortaleza, Brazil Mission
August 2010

Frannie is fantastic. Seriously. She inspires me so much- She is making her way from Cali to Brazil in just a few months! Her blog right now is following her preparation to Fortaleza. Visit and follow!!

Andrea Joseph (South Africa)
Madagascar Mission
September 2010



Andrea is one of my best friends. She lives in Cape Town, South Africa and is going on her mission to Madagascar in September. She interns at Operation Smile South Africa and is so passionate about it. She is one incredible person and I am a better person for having her in my life. Follow her blog if you need just a little bit of happiness or inspiration in your day- the way she conveys her feelings is just beautiful.

One of the greatest things that I have received from OpSmile is the enormous amount of support from students just like me. The ones that I have had the privilege to meet and befriend are among the tops in their classes, communities and are on the tracks to be the leaders of the tomorrow- today. There is never any competition or jealousy- we are always excited for one another and help each other reach our full potential. We all share a common goal, dream and drive that is united in love for something so much bigger than ourselves. 

I am inspired daily by amazing students who are doing their part in making the world a place they want to be. They take the initiative to get things done and to start making a difference. I am so thankful I've had the chance to be a part of this. Some of my very best forever friends are those whom I've met through this incredible cause.

We are so blessed to live in a place where we CAN be that difference and start making the changes we wish to see. Happy Independence day to those here in America- may God bless all of you wherever you are!

Never forget to smile!!

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment